Great things happen in threes. Kinvey was named a leader in the in The Forrester Wave™: Mobile Development Platforms, Q4 2016. We were acquired by Progress in June and are now part of an even bigger Cognitive First strategy. And, now it is with great pleasure that I get to share the news that Kinvey has been recognized as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Health Clouds, Q3 2017.
In addition to being named a leader, Forrester evaluated us to have the top ranked current offering for Enterprise Health Clouds along with receiving the highest possible score, in the vision criterion.
KINVEY’S VISION FOR PATIENT-CENTRIC INNOVATION
From the beginning, Kinvey’s corporate vision has been to “Connect the World’s people, devices and data to enable what’s next.”
It is Kinvey’s goal to be the seminal digital platform where these modern healthcare application experiences are built and delivered to enable patient-centric innovation.
In the world of healthcare, patients (people), devices and data will be brought together to enable better patient outcomes with personalized and cost-efficient care. This will by enabled by analyzing patient data with the latest in medical research, and combining that with “Contextual, Composable, Available-Anywhere” experiences delivered to patients and providers, to deliver engaging digital health solutions. These new app experiences will proactively interact with end-users and end-user will decide how he/she will consume the experience — anywhere anytime. Applications will run on any device, will be very contextual and intelligent, and will be made up of many composable parts. Today, we go to and interact with applications. In the future, applications will assemble themselves dynamically and come to and interact with us.
Kinvey continues to grow and win more customer engagements with healthcare providers, payers, pharma, biotech and digital health startups because we deliver in the following 7 key areas of differentiation:
- Existing and new customers find our product quality and ease-of-use to be unmatched because we have a purpose-built fully integrated experience;
- We give customers flexibility to run on any cloud of their choice – so as to not lock them into one vendor;
- Kinvey is built using an open and standards-based set of components that allows customers to build applications using standard and open programming languages and SDKs of their choice, while integrating to many data sources and enabling data from Kinvey to be pushed into various BI and machine learning tools;
- Kinvey has built a global ecosystem of developers and SIs that have the capability to build digital health applications quickly for customers;
- Kinvey has a very disruptive, transparent and cost-efficient pricing model;
- Kinvey has numerous mission-critical and life-critical digital health applications that run on us, along with entire mobile-first businesses;
- Kinvey has an unwavering commitment to security and compliance by ensuring that we have regular 3rd-party security, pen-test and compliance assessments (including HIPAA) done on our platform;
MARKET VIEW OF OUR APPROACH
Forrester evaluated vendors on 37 criteria, and we earned the highest possible score in 31, including the criteria of vision, patient engagement, developer platform, cognitive/AI, customer acquisition and retention, and others. Our BaaS platform was ranked highest in the current offering category among all vendors considered.
According to Forrester, “Kinvey offers a BaaS (backend as a service) platform with healthcare-specific capabilities. It has differentiated its services with significant investment in the healthcare vertical during the past few years.” The report also noted that our “customer references cited the strong support system as a major asset in getting teams acclimated to the platform and building apps quickly.”
We are grateful for the support of our customers that have chosen the Kinvey BaaS platform to run their mission-critical and HIPAA-compliant apps. Also, thank you to our partners that Forrester cited as, “leading data integrators for the industry’s most complicated environments, including EHRs and internet of things devices.”
We believe that it is because of you, our customers, partners and developer community that we have achieved this important acknowledgement from Forrester. It is this type of recognition that keeps us motivated to deliver our current secure, compliant, scalable and easy-to-use platform and keeps us focused on our vision for Patient-Centric Innovation.
Thank you to the Kinvey team for all of their hard work to make our customers and partners successful. Thank you to our customers for providing such excellent references. I am humbled when I see all of the Patient-Centric innovation happening on Kinvey.
Read the full announcement here.
Learn more about Kinvey BaaS.