Fifty Shades of Grey generated the highest pre-release ticket sales of any R-rated movie. A core part of the movie’s marketing program was a mobile app: an in-world internship program at Grey Enterprises encouraged fans to become ambassadors for the film and rewarded fans for sharing their assignments and engaging their friends.
The app, which leveraged Kinvey for its entire backend, features:
- A user optimized experience for iOS, Android, and web, all connecting to the same backend
- 100% use of Kinvey’s core features: User identity, data delivery, file store, CDN, and push notifications
- Advanced business logic enabling complex internship assignment flows
- Ability to auto-scale to millions of users with no issues
Timbre, the free location-based concert finder app, helps music lovers discover live music and concerts in their area so they never miss another show again. Timbre searches current location or other selected locations to check out the music scene in any city.
Kinvey-enabled features of Timbre include:
- Location-based services
- User management
- Fast search
- Rapid data delivery
- Ability to purchase tickets in-app
"We’re not concerned with scalability, quality or feature functionality. That just works. What we do is focus on our value add: the user experience in the mobile app."