At Kinvey, you’ll have the unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something that is truly a game changer. You’ll innovate and learn more about cloud and mobile than you can imagine, while working on every possible technology and API you can think of and building developer ecosystems across the world. We also organize frequent meetups and hackathons, and we collaborate with people and companies across various markets. Your experience at Kinvey will connect you to angel and venture investors, world class mentors and entrepreneurs, and people building great companies.
Work With Us
Our vision is to connect the world’s people, devices, and data to enable what’s next. To make that happen, we’re building the leading digital business platform to empower organizations to create successful and engaging apps for their customers, partners, and employees. Our Backend as a Service lets businesses connect any app, on any device, to any data system, using any development tools they want.
We are always looking for smart, passionate people who want to be a part of creating “what’s next” in digital innovation. If you are interested in joining a team that builds, markets, supports, and sells a platform for delivering mission-critical mobile apps, then we want to hear from you. While we may not have a position for you just yet, we can promise that we’ll review your resume and keep you in mind for when the right opportunity does become available. Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Director, Product Marketing
As a Director of Product Marketing, you will be the leader on the team responsible for telling the world the story of our services. You’ll be responsible for presenting our services in ways that will strengthen our brand and boost sales. You’ll conceive and develop innovative marketing strategies and programs across the buyer’s journey. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. We are looking for a creative and quantitative thinker. You should be familiar with various product marketing techniques for messaging and positioning, competitive analysis, content marketing strategies, sales enablement, and market intelligence.
Kinvey’s goal is to transform how businesses interact with people, data, and devices in the age of mobility. We do this by empowering developers and IT with the next generation software for delivering the mobile-enabled applications their customers, employees, and partners need. Our Backend as a Service (BaaS) platform, recently recognized by Forrester as the #1 mobile development platform, makes it possible for developers to build applications twice as fast and at half the cost while giving Enterprise IT the control and security they have to have.
- Lead product marketing for Kinvey including messaging and positioning – translating technical features into customer benefits.
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders about our services features and benefits.
- Create compelling content in support of the buyer’s journey to articulate the benefits of our services to the world (e.g. case studies, product videos, ROI tools, website copy, blog posts, webinars, etc.).
- Create sales enablement messaging, positioning, and sales tools.
- Be the voice of the customer and the field team. Gain deep knowledge on how customers are using our services, their use cases and how their business has benefitted by using Kinvey.
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our service.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to feature adoption and usage.
- Manage competitive intelligence and transform insights into battle cards and actionable sales motions for the field.
- Work with product team to lead industry analyst program to continue to position and differentiate Kinvey.
- Be sales and marketing’s voice on the product team, providing market insights for roadmap planning.
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise mobility, cloud and development tools in digital marketing, product marketing and/or product management.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills — there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting/selling ideas in this role.
- Experience writing press releases that get picked up by top-rated media outlets.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Experience working with industry analysts and leading product evaluations with analysts.
- Experience with market and competitive analysis and developing.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring the product to life. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting with teammates and prospects.
How to Apply
- Send your resume to Careers@kinvey.com with the subject: “I want to be your Product Marketing Director”
- Write a compelling cover letter telling us why you’re the best fit for this job
We are located in Downtown Crossing in Boston, minutes away from South Station, and the Red, Green, Orange and Silver lines. We’re next to Chinatown and the Innovation District so there are plenty of great places for food and shopping all around us. Our office on the 15th floor of 99 Summer Street is light and bright and casual, filled with fun and friendly people.
Every employee gets to play a mission-critical role in something big, and as a result we have a unique chance to learn, stretch, and grow. And Kinvey recognizes and rewards awesome work – while we hold ourselves to high standards, exceeding that high bar deserves special thanks.
Most importantly, we think winning is fun. Customer wins, recognition as thought leaders, and product accolades are what makes us tick.
- Low cost, low deductible BCBS HMO and PPO Health & Dental Insurance
- No cost short term disability, long term disability, life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment.
- 401(k) & Roth IRA Plan
- “Knowledge Worker” PTO benefit – we don’t track the time that you work and we don’t track the time that you take off – just effectively get your job done
- Work from home flexibility
- Team outings
- The usual good stuff to eat & drink in the office
- Ping pong, chess and basketball along with spontaneous board game nights