At Kinvey, you’ll have the unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something that is truly a game changer. You’ll innovate and learn more about cloud and mobile than you can imagine, while working on every possible technology and API you can think of and building developer ecosystems across the world. We also organize frequent meetups and hackathons, and we collaborate with people and companies across various markets. Your experience at Kinvey will connect you to angel and venture investors, world class mentors and entrepreneurs, and people building great companies.
Work With Us
Our vision is to connect the world’s people, devices, and data to enable what’s next. To make that happen, we’re building the leading digital business platform to empower organizations to create successful and engaging apps for their customers, partners, and employees. Our Backend as a Service lets businesses connect any app, on any device, to any data system, using any development tools they want.
We are always looking for smart, passionate people who want to be a part of creating “what’s next” in digital innovation. If you are interested in joining a team that builds, markets, supports, and sells a platform for delivering mission-critical mobile apps, then we want to hear from you. While we may not have a position for you just yet, we can promise that we’ll review your resume and keep you in mind for when the right opportunity does become available. Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Channel Partner Development Director
The Partner Development Director will play a key role in shaping and growing our existing channel partner initiative. The ideal candidate will bring your experience of building, cultivating and scaling value-add channel relationships that deliver measurable results for shared clients to make the Kinvey partnerships even more successful. You’ll be responsible for finding, evaluating, and signing up profitable partners who can drive top line revenue for Kinvey. You along with your technical counterpart will own developing Kinvey Certified Partners to help them become more proficient using Kinvey and also identifying prospective customers and may even help them close deals from time to time. And you’ll take ownership for managing our existing partner relationships. This position will work collaboratively and coordinate with internal cross-functional teams to ensure successful deployment of infrastructure and client satisfaction. This is an individual contributor role, reporting directly to the VP of Sales and working closely with the sales leadership team. If you have solid channel partner management experience, great communication skills, and an eagerness to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial company, then we want to hear from you!
You’re an experienced partner/channel manager:
You know how to develop and manage relationships with key sales channel partners. You’re confident and capable of prospecting, finding and engaging prospective channel partners, and you know how to negotiate and execute contracts. You’re comfortable owning a channel partner revenue number, you’re adept at aggressively growing channel partner revenue, and you know how to update, measure, and rank top partners using a Quid Pro Quo strategy.You’ve developed the skills you need to work with sales, product and development teams to identify and solve issues blocking channel partners and client performance. And you know how to make the partner successful with being compliant with partner agreements, renewals, and committed opportunity objectives to maintain a Certified Partner Status.
You know how to leverage relationships to increase channel program growth:
You’re very effective at proactively assessing, clarifying, and validating partner needs on an ongoing basis. You’re confident at owning and leading a joint partner planning process each quarter with top ranked Kinvey Certified Partners to develop mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship. You’re also adept at ensuring partner compliance with partner agreements, renewals, and committed opportunity objectives to maintain Kinvey Certified Partner Status.
You love channel sales; you enjoy the responsibility for meeting revenue goals for the program:
You understand the value and benefits of selling through partner channels. You have a proven track record of meeting assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts. You can achieve monthly, quarterly and annual engagement, referral and revenue growth goals. And you’re a pro: you know you can stay on top of things when you keep your forecast, pipeline and documentation updated weekly and current – Salesforce.com, Partner Quid Pro Quo, Partner Heat Report, etc.
You understand the value of training and partner certification:
Partners who know how to use your stuff, who love it and feel confident with how well it works, are very sweet partners, indeed. You will work closely with the Director of Partner Engineering to identify opportunities for training and make the appropriate introductions. Together, you are responsible for ensuring that required training and development objectives are completed within the assigned time frame.
You enjoy traveling:
You know that in order to establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts (VP’s, Sales Reps, Technical Decision Makers, Etc) you’ll need to travel. But that’s ok, you like traveling. Sometimes you’ll travel alone, other times you’ll travel with the Kinvey VP & Sales Reps or the Director of Partner Engineering. Traveling keeps you involved with your partners’ success.
You’re a problem solver:
Channel partner sales can be complex, and sometimes even good relationships can become tricky. You know how and when to work with sales, product and development teams to identify and solve issues blocking partner and client performance. You know how to navigate selling through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources (usually without stepping on toes). You’re also able to manage potential channel conflict with other firm’s sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement. I think we should add somewhere they will be responsible for updating, measuring, and ranking Kinvey’s top partners using a Quid Pro Quo strategy.
We love what we do. You should too!
Qualifications & Requirements
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of sales/business development/channel sales experience
- You should have at least 3 years of experience working at a channel driven SaaS company and have consistently met or exceeded your goals
- Understanding of SaaS (subscription) models
- Strong technical background; mobile experience a plus
- Experience with distributors, systems integrators, large account resellers, SaaS providers and MSP hosted/cloud partners
- Able to work with CRM systems, maintaining a healthy pipeline and forecast; SF.com experience a plus
- Goal oriented and comfortable carrying a revenue quota/target
- Experience with negotiating contracts, working effectively with legal and finance teams
- Outgoing, with strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Active listening skills and a genuine curiosity to uncover customer needs, evaluation processes, and solution potential
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage projects of various size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Ability to travel as needed (no more than 20%)
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship-building skills, technically minded and goal-driven
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize and deliver
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for having fun!
How to apply
We are located in Downtown Crossing in Boston, minutes away from South Station, and the Red, Green, Orange and Silver lines. We’re next to Chinatown and the Innovation District so there are plenty of great places for food and shopping all around us. Our office on the 15th floor of 99 Summer Street is light and bright and casual, filled with fun and friendly people.
Every employee gets to play a mission-critical role in something big, and as a result we have a unique chance to learn, stretch, and grow. And Kinvey recognizes and rewards awesome work – while we hold ourselves to high standards, exceeding that high bar deserves special thanks.
Most importantly, we think winning is fun. Customer wins, recognition as thought leaders, and product accolades are what makes us tick.
- Low cost, low deductible BCBS HMO and PPO Health & Dental Insurance
- No cost short term disability, long term disability, life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment.
- 401(k) & Roth IRA Plan
- “Knowledge Worker” PTO benefit – we don’t track the time that you work and we don’t track the time that you take off – just effectively get your job done
- Work from home flexibility
- Team outings
- The usual good stuff to eat & drink in the office
- Ping pong, chess and basketball along with spontaneous board game nights