Build rich apps by running Business Logic in your cloud backend
Backend as a service aims to help you build rich cross-platform applications. Traditionally, when starting a new app from scratch, developers segment a frontend and backend component and devote a sizable unique effort in each. Kinvey, pushing the boundaries on cloud computing, has recognized that there are many common components and features that make up a backend. We worked tirelessly to define those requirements at a generic level and offer them as a service, taking care of not only the development, but also the operation of your backend.
This example shows how easy it is to trigger an email notification:
For more detailed examples, please look at the Business Logic guide in the Dev Center.
Here are example use cases you can enable for your app with Business Logic:
- Automatically trigger push or email notifications based on changes in the data
- Access third party APIs from your Kinvey backend
- Prevent cheating in gaming by validating user actions on the server
- Host platform agnostic code so you don’t need to implement it multiple times in the app itself
- Validate input on web applications to ensure data consistency
- Quickly iterate on your app’s functionality, as you deploy your code instantly, without waiting for app store approval